- This event has passed.
Couples Wellness Clinic
September 11 @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pm
Led by Rick Longinotti, MFT,
- Saturday, Sept 11, 10-4:30 pm with 1 hour lunch break
- Outdoors with distancing: University Terrace Park, Meder St., Santa Cruz (has portable toilet)
- Bring yourselves lawn chairs
- 4 couples maximum—full vaccination please
Cost per couple: sliding scale $120, $180, or $240.
Our relationships keep getting caught in the same traps of hurt and defensiveness. This workshop is a chance to break loose from those habits, starting with the powerful tool of self-empathy.
- With a more solid footing in self-acceptance, we can more easily find understanding for our partner.
- We can make requests of our partner that are free from subtle guilt or blame.
- We develop the capacity to say “no” with compassion and say “yes” with real conviction rather than a sense of obligation.
Our kindness towards ourselves spills out towards our partner. The things that used to annoy us no longer have power over us as we deepen our understanding of our partner and ourselves .
During this workshop I will invite you to participate in role plays and exercises, although your participation is voluntary.