- This event has passed.
Grief & Gratitude- In Uncertain Times 2022
January 9 @ 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
We only GRIEVE what we love.
We are often given the message that we should only get to grieve for a close person that has died and only for a specific time. We don’t really know how to do that by ourselves, alone, without being overwhelmed.
Kristin believes we were meant to deal with our grief, our losses of ALL kinds, in community with warmth and resonance. She believes it’s easiest to do that when we pulse between our joys (what we actually FEEL grateful for, not what we OUGHT to be grateful for) and our heartbreaks (what we’ve loved and lost). Both joys and heartbreaks bring us home to ourselves making us more ready for what’s ahead. If this approach appeals, Kristin invites you to consider joining us for –a six week dive into grief and gratitude to develop practices and skills for embracing what matters to us. Kristin weaves together elements of NVC, relational neurobiology and resonant language with frames from Joanna Macy’s Work That Reconnects and liberation/anti-oppression work. Each participant has full choice about what and how to work with their life’s material, and affinity groupings can be arranged in breakouts and dyad pairings.
This series runs from 1/9/22 to 2/13/22 in weekly group sessions on Sundays from 4:30-6:00pm and optional sessions on Thursdays (Freewrite sessions from 2-3:30pm and application/practice sessions from 4:30-6. https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20210110T003000&p1=3467pm ) All times are in Pacific time
This is the third iteration of this series, earlier sessions running from 11/25/20-1/3/21 and 1/20/21-2/28/21, meeting many needs for the participants. See feedback from recent participants here.
Live sessions will include both frameworks and experiential practices in the realm of grief and gratitude. The content portions of the sessions will be recorded for those who miss or want to revisit.
(So don’t dismay if you have conflicts, there are plenty of ways to gain access to content and community! You get to choose what to come to.)
To register with deposit, click here.
Kristin expects that some folks will register after the start of the program, but late registration after requires emailing Kristin for manual registration. She doesn’t want to miss anyone!
Note that there is an option for deposit for those of you who wish to explore alternative payment amounts or timelines. For those requests, please email Kristin@nvcsantacruz.org
To read more…. About social justice lens…. About gift economy lens… About other’s experience with Kristin’s work/ testimonials…
Is there something else you need to know to know if this is a fit for you? Email Kristin at Kristin@nvcsantacruz.org
- How do I hold the personal losses in my life, losses of people from life and relations, loss of beloved critters, loss of place, loss of abilities/capacities, loss of work/job/meaning?
- How do I recover from the losses, stresses and fears of recent times (pandemic, racial injustices, environmental losses)?
- How do I find ways to swim in gratitude even when my world/community/family is hurting?
- How do I truly hold my loneliness and fears in pandemic times… and at the same time let myself fall fully in love with my little green apple tree and the birdies in my yard?
- How do I hold the way my heart soars when I hear someone speak values crucial to me, and find the strength to step up my game for the work that needs to be done in my world?
- If these questions feel juicy to you, and if you want to find your own versions, come join Kristin and what promises to be warm community for
Calendar powered by The Events Calendar