- This event has passed.
Holding Yourself W/ Warmth – Living Into Resonance
April 10, 2022 @ 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
With Kristin Masters
I’m excited to be offering a six week course based on Sarah Peyton’s, Your Resonant Self. This work is deep and transformative, and I am already celebrating the healing and empowerment that can come from this course.
“Life is easier with warmth.” I have been deeply influenced by the work of Sarah Peyton, a CNVC certified trainer and neuroscience educator. With Sarah’s blessing, I will blend my own interpretations and practices around holding oneself with warmth with those from Sarah’s book, Your Resonant Self.
There is much for us to practice and explore together in order to expand the capacity of our resonating self-witness, so we can walk through the challenges of our lives with warm accompaniment. We’ll engage in learning and practices about:
- Resonant Language
- Right/left brain orientation
- Attachment Theory
- Panksepp’s Neural Circuits
- Addressing trauma/time travel empathy
- Developing internal resources
Here’s the set-up:
- Sunday’s from 4:30-6pm starting April 10th, continuing through May 22nd. (For your calendar: ).
- These will be the core teaching and inquiry sessions, beginning with a meditation/quieting, including some teaching portions and some inquiry with partners or solo journaling. They will be recorded with access within 3 days.
- Optional 90 minute free-write session on Thursdays from 2-3:30pm, typically an intimate group that participants find deeply satisfying.
- Optional weekly practice session on Thursdays from 4:30-5:45, with a short quieting, a demo of a practice, dyads/triads or journaling for a practice, and a short debrief.
- Optional dyads or triad practice sessions with other participants.
- Optional participation in text groups for empathy/resonant language.
In order to dive fully into this material as a group, registration is open to those who have at least 20 hours of NVC study and practice. I won’t be teaching NVC basics, but will be asking those who attend to practice empathic presence with one another, to be aware of habits that take you into empathy-not territories, and to come back to warm curiosity with yourself and others.
You are encouraged to register by clicking here via a $50 deposit for the series, which also has ticket options along a sliding scale of $400-$800 and can be paid by paypal or venmo to Kristin@nvcsantacruz.org or via snail mail by arrangement. If this scale doesn’t work for you, I invite you to write me an email with your proposal for a payment and timing that considers both my needs and yours, that is generous and affordable, for both our sakes.
Kristin asks that those who attend please consider advance purchase and (at least partial) reading of or listening to Sarah Peyton’s Your Resonant Self, prior to our gathering.
Links for book – direct from publisher and from Abe Books. Also available on Amazon or Audible.
Two other upcoming:
(Kristin’s session is TBD at this point)