Parenting Practice Group Zoom Circle
Welcome to the Circle.
This group stemmed from the IRL (in real life) Circles – the Ventura County Nonviolent Communication Parenting Practice Group and the Monterey Bay Nonviolent Communication Parenting Practice Group that began gathering weekly via Zoom during the Covid19 (coronavirus) stay-at-home orders. We are a group of parents committed to practicing nonviolent communication (as developed and outlined by Marshall Rosenberg in Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life) and other resources that stem from his peaceful communication approach to life – which can be found at http://www.cnvc.org/
To join us, you need not have studied nvc formally. I ask only that you have a genuine interest in exploring nvc with us, that you commit to learning more by reading Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life, and that you then continue to pursue learning (a little or a lot) about nvc through whatever means suit you (conferences – in person and online; books, webinars, YouTube videos of Marshall Rosenberg, the classes and videos at the Center for Nonviolent Communication http://www.cnvc.org/
Our Zoom Circles are currently held on Thursdays, 6-7:30 pm – Pacific Daylight Savings Time. Those in the Circle have an interest in keeping it small – so that all can be heard – and to support the trust, privacy and intimacy of our Circles. For any number of reasons, a parent in the group may not participate in the Circle on a given week – not the least of which could be dinner, bedtime, illness, injury or big feelings that may call for a family circle at that moment. If the number of parents Circling on any given week exceeds 10, I will look to forming another Circle.
If you are interested in joining, please email Michelleleahgomez@gmail.com responses to the following:
1) What is your experience with nvc? For example, a. “No experience — I have heard about it and the idea resonates with me. I am planning to read Marshall Rosenberg’s Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life;” b. “I’m an nvc certified trainer and my middle name is ‘Marshall;” c. anything in between.
(2) Can you meet via Zoom on Thursdays, 6-7:30pm – Pacific Time?
(3) How did you hear about the group?
(4) In what area do you live, and is there anything about your family you wish to share (e.g. – how many parents and/or children)?
(5) May I post your responses on our FB site to introduce you to the closed group?
You are welcome to email Michelle with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.