Parenting Practice Group Zoom Circle
Welcome to the Circle.
This group stemmed from the IRL (in real life) Circles – the Ventura County Nonviolent Communication Parenting Practice Group and the Monterey Bay Nonviolent Communication Parenting Practice Group that began gathering weekly via Zoom during the Covid19 (coronavirus) stay-at-home orders. We are a group of parents committed to practicing nonviolent communication (as developed and outlined by Marshall Rosenberg in Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life) and other resources that stem from his peaceful communication approach to life – which can be found at http://www.cnvc.org/
To join us, you need not have studied nvc formally. I ask only that you have a genuine interest in exploring nvc with us, that you commit to learning more by reading Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life, and that you then continue to pursue learning (a little or a lot) about nvc through whatever means suit you (conferences – in person and online; books, webinars, YouTube videos of Marshall Rosenberg, the classes and videos at the Center for Nonviolent Communication http://www.cnvc.org/
Our Zoom Circles are currently held on Thursdays, 6-7:30 pm – Pacific Daylight Savings Time. Those in the Circle have an interest in keeping it small – so that all can be heard – and to support the trust, privacy and intimacy of our Circles. For any number of reasons, a parent in the group may not participate in the Circle on a given week – not the least of which could be dinner, bedtime, illness, injury or big feelings that may call for a family circle at that moment. If the number of parents Circling on any given week exceeds 10, I will look to forming another Circle.
If you are interested in joining, please email Michelleleahgomez@gmail.com responses to the following:
1) What is your experience with nvc? For example, a. “No experience — I have heard about it and the idea resonates with me. I am planning to read Marshall Rosenberg’s Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life;” b. “I’m an nvc certified trainer and my middle name is ‘Marshall;” c. anything in between.
(2) Can you meet via Zoom on Thursdays, 6-7:30pm – Pacific Time?
(3) How did you hear about the group?
(4) In what area do you live, and is there anything about your family you wish to share (e.g. – how many parents and/or children)?
(5) May I post your responses on our FB page to introduce you to the closed group after you’ve completed these enrollment questions and agreed to the group tenets?
You are welcome to email Michelle with questions at email@example.com.