- We are adapting to the Covid 19 shelter-in-place restrictions by offering online classes and empathy groups (see below)
- Our community liason, Kar Fraser will also link you up with an “empathy buddy” for regular empathy check-ins. Just contact Kar: info@NVCsantacruz.org
- Our trainers are available for mediation and coaching on an individual basis.
- We conduct trainings for workplaces and organizations, offering discounts to organizations that serve the community.
- To receive our twice-monthly email newsletter click here.
We are holding online classes. When you register, we will send you the information about how to log-in to the Zoom class.
Zoom Parenting Circle, Thursdays, 5:30pm, led by Michelle Leah Gomez
Fridays, 10am-noon, NVC as a Spiritual Practice
Nonviolent Leadership for Social Justice Intensive Online, starts May 30
Introduction to the Art of Communication, June 7, 6:30-8pm
Brown Bag Basics of NVC, 8 lunchtime meetings starting June 8, Kristin Masters
Introduction to the Art of Communication, July 12, 6:30-8pm
Living from the Heart Retreat & Funfest —We’re not accepting registrations at this time due to the uncertainty of holding this event. We will inform you by email newsletter about the status once we’re clear. To see the description of last year’s event, click here.
“I use NVC principles and strategies in almost every aspect of my work as Campus Ombudsman at UCSC: mediation, meeting facilitation, one-to-one interviews, and group interventions. I’m sure there was life before NVC, but I can’t quite remember what it was!”
— Laurie McCann, Campus Ombudsman, University of California Santa Cruz (now retired)
For more testimonials, click here.
Check out the Free Empathy table on Pacific Ave at Lincoln. Every Sunday from 2-4pm Bar Lowenberg is there to listen and empathize. Click on his photo below to read one person’s impression of Bar’s offering.
Meditations for These Times